Strata Data Conference Singapore 2017
The Strata Data Conference is where cutting-edge science and new business fundamentals intersect—and merge. A couple of us will be there in December, discussing data strategy and machine learning. Let us know if you’ll be attending and would like to chat.
Tuesday, December 5
Developing a Modern Enterprise Data Strategy
In this tutorial, we will explain how we work to solve real business challenges with data, including the following topics:
- Why Have A Data Strategy?
- Devising A Data Strategy
- The Data Value Chain
- New Technology Potentials
- Project Development Style
- Organizing To Execute Your Strategy
Wednesday, December 6
Organizing For Machine Learning Success
In this talk, Mark Hunter, CDO at Sainsbury’s Bank, and John Akred, CTO at Silicon Valley Data Science, will present practical advice on the technical and human sides of machine learning, based on their experience preparing Sainsbury’s for its ML-enabled future.
We will focus on:
- How to successfully combine the right enabling architecture, tools, and team
- The fundamental importance of training data
- Critical choices in feature engineering approaches
- The right IT structures to enable efficient, effective data science teams (hint: it’s not traditional IT!)
- Key sources of friction, and how to address them
Attendees will leave with a blueprint for how organizing around machine learning and AI can work, the benefits and pitfalls, patterns and anti-patterns.